As you design your own bathroom retreat, let’s make sure it feels calm and serene. Consider this your guide to finding what works best for your space.
White Towels vs. Colored Towels
Your bath towels can serve as both statement pieces as well as functional accessories in the bathroom. We’ve lined out the benefits and drawbacks to both white and colored towel options so you can make an informed decision on which towel would perform best for your lifestyle.
Pros/Cons for White Towels
- Pro - Creates a classic, spa-like look.
- Pro - Matches almost any design and is a versatile option if you frequently change the design of your space.
- Pro - Easy to launder. Wash one load of whites and avoid the hassle of sorting and separating light and dark colors.
- Con - White towels can be unforgiving when used as face towels where makeup, creams and sweat from the day are wiped away. Colored towels may be better at hiding stains and discoloration.
- Con - If not properly cared for, white towels can turn yellow. Be sure to avoid bleach and fabric softeners when washing towels to avoid discoloration.
Pros/Cons for Colored Towels
- Pro - Easy way to add color to your space.
- Pro- Another way to add depth to the design of your space by layering and coordinating multiple colored towels to your space.
- Pro - Can help you keep your whole home’s bath linens organized by coordinating each room to have their own designated color.
- Con - Like most fabric, colored towels are at risk of fading with time and can begin to look worn and dull. This effect is especially common with dark colors, so selecting lighter towel colors can minimize fading.
- Con - Color, especially dark colors, can make a space feel small and dark and may not be the best choice for small powder rooms or spaces with less natural light to brighten the space.
- Con - Certain color trends can look dated over time and may be a road block to making quick design changes.
Set the Mood
From cool and calm, to funky and fresh - the colors that you choose can set the tone for the space. Explore how different colors can create a mood and evoke certain feelings when you step into a space.
Looking to create an upscale spa? Bright white, soft blues and sage greens often make a space feel calm and inviting.
Design by @amandasimmonsinteriors
Consider bold, playful colors such as sunny yellow, a pop of pink or a punch of red.
Design by @ehj_creative
Look for rich, warm tones with subtle ivory, mid tone creams, or even dark chocolate browns.
Add a little edge to your space with dark and moody purples, navy or even black.
Picking the Towel Collection
When picking your towels, the performance of the set should be prioritized above all else but that doesn’t necessarily mean style has to be sacrificed. Finding a perfectly plush, highly absorbent, long lasting and beautiful towel may sound like hunting for a unicorn, but at Home Treasures we offer collections that offer the high quality and style standards you deserve. Select from any one of these exceptional towel collections and you’re sure to upgrade your bath’s design and efficiency.
Plush and absorbent, Izmir is the foundation of Home Treasures’ towel collection. Available in five timeless colors and finished with a tone-on-tone piping, Izmir is a casual expression of luxury style. It offers a 550-gram, zero-twist Turkish cotton terry, ensuring that quality is not sacrificed for appearances. Whether you prefer a simple white towel, or are looking for an elegant splash of color, Izmir won’t disappoint.
Love the simplicity of Izmir, but looking for a bit more flair? We recommend Bodrum, which keeps to the same clean, classic style, with an accent color. This collection offers you the choice of any Izmir terry base, with a contrasting piping, allowing you to give that edge a little more attention. Pair the two colors that suit your bathroom’s aesthetic so you can create a beautiful and restful sanctuary.
For those looking for a more tailored style, with the same feel of Izmir’s 550-gram, zero-twist cotton, look no further than Home Treasures’ Ribbons collection. Ribbons towels come in your choice of Izmir terry, with a range of 50+ banded colors to allow you to mix and match to coordinate around your bathroom color scheme.
Playful, yet polished, Antalya has a more delicate and playful expression. The scalloped edges, paired with a plush and supremely soft Izmir Turkish terry base, give off a distinctly more lighthearted expression. Keep it neutral, with our white, candlelight or sion biases, or make a splash with brighter piping like our bri pink, lobster or lilac!
Home Treasures Bath Linens
With a myriad of choices, we provide you the opportunity to create a space you daydream to return to each day. If you’re interested in updating your bathroom, we invite you to explore our extensive collection of towel options. And don’t forget, if you want to design something of your own, we’d be happy to customize something just for you and your preferences!